Dino Melaye Returns to Senate - Choose PDP seat!

Senator Dino Melaye, on his return to the higher chamber of the Nigerian legislative council, chose to seat amidst PDP leaders, as opposed to his original seat with the APC party members. This may serve as a confirmation of his mission to leave APC for PDP!

In his words he said, “I have a special request to you, Mr. President. Because of the trauma I went through and I am still going through, I want to seek your indulgence that you will call on the sergeant-at-arms to look for a comfortable seat for me on this side (pointing at the PDP row) of the divide, because I am no longer comfortable sitting here.

“So, I want to ask Mr. President that you mandate the sergeant-at-arms tomorrow to look for a seat for me on this other divide of the chamber. 

And before you do that today, through the help of my walking stick, I will take a comfortable seat close to Papa General Senator David Mark, pending when you get me a comfortable seat on this side,”  

"I want to promise Nigerians that because of the love I have seen, I will not derail. I will stand by the truth. No amount of intimidation, harassment, arrest, name-calling or blackmail will detract my attention from championing this cause. 

The battle to salvage this country from financial scavengers and economic cankerworm is a battle of no retreat and no surrender.” 


photocredit: Pulseng


Comments